Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grade Six Graduation



That's Ellery, our little graduate modeling the dress and the shrug. The dress was ordered through Nordstroms (Junior dresses...clearance!) and muled here by a friend in California. Cheap and cute...I'm all about that!


The shrug is Stardust from Knitty...with a couple mods to accomodate the yarn that I subbed. I'm not completely thrilled with the results, but I did substitute a yarn that was wildly different from that called for in the pattern. I couldn't fathom wearing a mohair shrug during a humid June, so I used a cotton blend with a bit of shine. Because much of the fit of the shrug is derived from the springiness of the mohair (not so much with the cotton) I knit a larger size from the ribbed band up, to ensure that it was big enough. I think that I would prefer the garment knit as written, with a mohair blend.




Oh, Elle won an award for Language Arts. DH feels this award is a re-framing of the observation "Your Kid Talks the Most"...but hey, a plaque is a plaque!




And finally, Ellery suffering...because "Beauty IS Pain". You can never point out this correlation too early or too often.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your "little" girl looks so beautiful! I love the shrug; it is perfect for the occasion. *hugs*

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Scheherazaad said...

I still have fond memories of the way my little girl looked at her Grade 6 graduation (she is now 21).
Elle looks like the perfect model backstage patiently enduring her transformation. The shrug and dress look perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home